Just in, LC Technology won!!
LC Technology International, Inc. received The Enabling Consumer Storage Technology award for its Solid State Doctor and SSD Utility Suite.
Thank you, Storage Visions, we are honored!
For more on Storage Visions and this award, please see our News release.
Solid State Doctor – Solid State Drive Utility
The Solid State Doctor – Solid State Drive Utility Suite is an essential tool to provide performance enhancement, optimization, disk cloning capability, data security and firmware management for Solid State Drives (SSD’s). More importantly, the Solid State Doctor – Solid State Drive Utility Suite is a proactive support tool, giving you the ability to make informed decisions regarding your data – whether to back it up, erase it securely or optimize the drive using the TRIM* command. This suite is designed to enable maximum performance and lifespan of your Solid State Drive on Microsoft® Operating Systems. The SSD Utility Suite gives you access to some of the unique features built into today’s Solid State Drives.
Purchase and Demo:Try FREE Evaluation
- Drive information Tool – This will show you the basic information of every drive in your system. The information displayed will include the drive model number, serial number, firmware version, port number, drive size, ATA version, supported features, drive temperature, lifetime drive usage.
- Overprovision Tool – The overprovision tool will allow the user to allocate a portion of the free space on the SSD to be used by the controller in the SSD within certain guidelines. This overprovisioned space created on the drive will allow the controller to better manage and maintain the performance and longevity of the SSD drive. Please note: Overprovisioning is not supported under Windows XP.
- Disk Clone Tool – The disk cloning tool copies the contents of the selected source drive to the selected destination drive.
- Optimize TRIM Tool* – The Optimize Tool issues a TRIM command to the SSD which tells the SSD which data blocks are no longer in use, such as those left by deleted files. Regular use of the TRIM command will help the SSD maintain maximum performance. We include support for Microsoft AHCI and Intel Matrix Storage Manager on all MS OS’s*.
- S.M.A.R.T Status Tool – This will display the current S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) status of the drive overall as well as the status of individual attributes of the drive.
- Secure Drive Wipe – The Secure Wipe Tool will allow the user to securely delete the entire contents of the drive. This feature will place the drive in its original unformatted RAW state without any file system. The data on your drive cannot be recovered after running a secure wipe. As a safety feature, the Secure Wipe Tool will NOT allow the user to erase the contents of their boot drive.
- Write Cache Management – The Write Cache Management tool allows the user the option to enable or disable the storage device and/or Windows write caching. Write caching will increase storage drive performance, but carries a risk of data loss or drive corruption in the event of a power failure or Windows fatal error.
PREDICTIVE FAILURE ANALYSIS
The Solid State Doctor – Solid State Drive Utility Suite provides you with advanced warning of an impending disk failure by real time S.M.A.R.T status monitoring of your Solid State Drive. This also monitors the end of life of the drive, as SSD’s do have a lifespan, providing you with the ability to secure your data and replace the drives before it’s too late.
COMPLETE DIAGNOSTIC TESTING
Execute the built in S.M.A.R.T test provided by the manufacturer to make sure the drive is functioning properly. These tests can vary from simple quick tests to exhaustive read and write tests to verify the integrity of the drive.
* If you have downloaded an evaluation copy, please note that some of the features listed above will not be fully functional, and would require activation of the program to enable it’s full functionality. A list of the available features in your evaluation copy are listed in the e-mail follow-up you will receive after filling out the demo form to download the evaluation copy.
All of our products are fully supported. Our Support Techs are available in the US and in Europe. Dedicated support contacts are assigned to all OEM’s.
Solid State Doctor – Solid State Drive Utility is available in English, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish,French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian and Korean.
Supported Operating Systems:
* Automated and manual TRIM command supported under Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Server 2008 including both 32 and 64-bit versions with latest service packs on Microsoft file systems. With Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Server 2012 and higher, TRIM is handled natively by the operating system.
Not compatible with RAID, drives that detect as SCSI, or with Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) SSD’s.
Note: Some nVidia storage drivers will not properly pass ATA commands to the SSD drive affecting certain functions of the Solid State Doctor™. Make sure that your SSD drive is listed as an ATA/SATA device in “Device Manager” – in some cases, your SATA drive may display as a SCSI device in “Device Manager” due to incompatible storage drivers. If you experience these issues, it may be necessary to change your storage drivers to the Microsoft defaults or contact the chipset manufacturer for updated drivers.
Solid State Doctor™ Program Description:
The Solid State Doctor – Solid State Drive Utility is an essential tool to provide performance enhancement, S.M.A.R.T monitoring and data security for Solid State drives. This utility suite is a proactive support tool, giving you the ability to make informed decisions regarding your data – whether to back it up because of an impending failure, erase/wipe it securely or optimize the SSD using the TRIM command. This suite is designed to enable maximum performance and lifespan of your SSD on Microsoft® Operating Systems. Get detailed information on all drives, view information on the status of all S.M.A.R.T attributes and execute all built in S.M.A.R.T tests. View and monitor the status of all S.M.A.R.T attributes with the ability to set up email notifications of S.M.A.R.T alerts or failures. Manually execute or set the TRIM service to run the TRIM command on any supported drive to maintain the write performance of the Solid State Drive. Using the wipe utility, reset the SSD to factory fresh condition overwriting all data on the drive and completely erasing the drive. Once completed the drive will be in a raw and unformatted state requiring you to re-create partitions and file system.